The lawsuit of one of the women who accused Russell Simmons of sexual assault has now been dismissed.
What we know:
- Jennifer Jarosik sued Simmons for $5 million, claiming he’d sexually assaulted her after she denied his advances.
- News of Jarosik’s lawsuit came amid sexual misconduct accusations by other women — including one person who sued him for $10 million in March — sparking him to launch a failed #NotMe campaign in his defense.
- The dismissal comes a couple weeks after Simmons filed a pretty strong response to the lawsuit, claiming Jennifer had sent him text messages and nude photos after the alleged assault.
- According to court documents, the suit was dismissed with prejudice Wednesday morning, meaning she can’t refile.
- Simmons has maintained that his relationship with Jarosik was consensual.
Continue to keep up with the latest black news alerts at BlackNewsAlerts.com.