Joseph Walter Jackson, American talent manager, and patriarch of the Jackson family of entertainers dies at 89. His death first reported by TMZ, the same news source that gained public notoriety by breaking the death of his son, Michael.
What We Know:
- Joe was hospitalized earlier this month with terminal cancer. His family had been flocking to his bedside since.
- Joe was hospitalized in 2016 after coming down with a high fever but bounced back not long after and was seeing partying in Las Vegas.
- Joe had a pacemaker implanted in 2015 after a stroke and 3 heart attacks.
- Joe may have been the most successful parent managing his children in the history of music. He, with a little help from Diana Ross, engineered the careers of The Jackson 5, and then Michael and Janet Jackson as solo artists.
- The elder Jackson took a lot of heat from Michael and his siblings for abusing parenting and management practices, including physical brutality.
- Joe had 10 kids with Katherine, his wife of more than 60 years. The 2 did not live together and had a strained relationship for the last years of his life, but they frequently interacted.
This story will not be updated.
See something we should report, let us know!