Taylor Hayes, the 7-year-old girl who was shot while riding in the backseat of a car in Southwest Baltimore, has died.
What We Know:
- The second-grader was riding in the backseat of a Honda Accord in the 500 block of Lyndhurst Street when she was struck in her back by a bullet July 5.
- The driver of the car, Darnell Holmes, 33, was arrested July 6 and charged with six gun- and drug-related counts after police said they recovered a loaded gun, a digital scale and heroin in the glove box of her Honda Accord.
- Those who knew Hayes said she loved reading, dancing and singing.
- Baltimore police on July 7 released a video of a white Mercedes-Benz that was seen in the area of the shooting. Officials have urged the driver of the car to turn themselves in.
- Anyone with information about the shooting can text tips to 443-902-4824 or call homicide detectives at 410-396-2100.
This story was first spotted at Baltimore Sun.
See something we should report? Let us know!