Paris Dennard, one of the most controversial right-leaning commentators on CNN has been suspended.
What We Know:
- Dennard is a staunch republican, often appearing on CNN and right-wing television news show defending Donald Trump and his lies. He’s been a republican since he was a teenager.
The Post obtained a copy of an ASU report that described the university’s 2014 internal investigation into Dennard’s conduct. According to the newspaper, the report “describes a series of inappropriate incidents often initiated by Dennard with the two women in 2013 and 2014.”
- The investigation found that Dennard had committed “serious misconduct.”
- Shortly after the Post story was published online, a CNN spokeswoman said, “We are aware of reports of accusations against Paris Dennard. We are suspending Paris, effective immediately, while we look into the allegations.”
- Commentators like Dennard are typically under contract with a specific network for a set period of time. Suspensions are rare, but not unheard of.
- Dennard has said repeatedly that the allegations are false.
See something we should post? Let us know!