A 60-year-old man with a history of sex crimes is being held in the Kent County Jail, accused of urinating on a five-year-old girl on the city’s Northwest Side.
What We Know:
- The incident happened around 5:50 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 22 in a parking lot along Leonard Street NW west of Alpine Avenue, in Grand Rapids, MI.
- Grand Rapids police say the suspect urinated on the child and also called her a racial slur. Two 7-year-olds and another 5-year-old witnessed the incident.
- Neither the victim nor the witnesses were physically injured. Police were called around 20 minutes after the incident occurred.
- The victim and witnesses were able to give police enough information to canvass the neighborhood and identify a suspect. The suspect, who’s name has not been released was arrested at his home on Courtney Street NW.
- Court records indicate the man has a history of mental illness. He is listed on Michigan’s sex offender registry for sexual assault convictions in 1981 and 1997.
The Kent County Prosecutor’s Office on Thursday issued a news release saying the case will be reviewed for any appropriate charges once the police investigation is complete.
This story is developing and will be updated here. It was first reported by WZZM-13.
See something we should post? Let us know!