Cardi B’s little tussle with Nicki Minaj over the weekend doesn’t look like it’ll be bad for business. On Sunday, Tom Ford announced the release of a lipstick named after the Bronx rapper in a beautiful shade of cobalt blue. Less than 24 hours later, Cardi broke the news that the lipstick is sold out.
What We Know:
- If you head to the tomford.com website, there is no way to purchase the new lipstick online or track down a store to buy it.
- The collection regularly features colors named after celebrities. Naomi Campbell, Dakota Johnson, and Julianne Moore are just a few Tom Ford alumnae and famous women gifted with their own lipstick in the past.
- This year the brand also debuted an orchid lipstick named after Black Panther star Letitia Wright. Including Cardi’s, there are 15 new Boys shades and 15 new Girls shades.
- Cardi’s sold out lipstick comes at a time when pop stars and social media celebs are dominating the beauty industry. Rihanna’s iconic Fenty Beauty line turned a year old over the weekend.
- It’s unknown if TomFord will restock the sold-out brand.
This story first spotted at Complex.
See something we should post? Let us know!