The eSports league platform PlayVS is disrupting the gaming industry.
What We Know:
- Earlier this year it was revealed that PlayVS—a gaming company founded by a Black millennial entrepreneur from Detroit—was on its way to becoming the largest Series A raised by a Black-owned consumer internet company.
- The company just got a major boost with the help of mogul Sean Combs, reports Variety
- The eSports league platform ended its Series B funding round with $30.5 million raised
- PlayVS is an eSports league platform that gives high school students the chance to virtually compete. Users can host competitions and live stream matches.
- During the Series A round, PlayVS garnered $15 million. Other companies that participated in the funding were Samsung and Adidas.
We love to see black entrepreneurs doing well!
See something we should post! Let us know!