A new development among several surfaced Monday in the R. Kelly case.
What We Know:
- TMZ reports that a grand jury has been convened to hear evidence against the embattled singer after a new sex tape surfaced allegedly showing the singer having sex with an underage girl.
- Sources connected with the Cook County State Attorney’s investigation said several women who claim to have been sexually abused by Kelly flew out to Chicago to speak with the prosecutor.
- Attorney Michael Avenatti announced last week that he had possession of a sex tape that allegedly showed Kelly having sex with an underage girl, and on Saturday he took to Twitter to confirm that a third tape exists of the R&B hitmaker sexually abusing a female minor.
- Avenatti has turned over the newly surfaced sex tapes to the Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office in Chicago that could soon lead to an indictment of Kelly in Illinois. Both tapes are not the same as the infamous 27-minute footage from 2002, which allegedly showed him urinating on a teen girl believed to be 14 years old. Kelly was charged with 14 counts of child pornography in 2008 but found not guilty on all counts.
- Lifetime did a 6-part series, “Surviving R. Kelly” over a month ago. BNA’s sister network BossFM did a follow-up series, ‘Unpacking R. Kelly‘ dissecting the docuseries.
See something we should post? Let us know!