Quarterback Russell Wilson, gifted the offensive linemen of his team with $12,000 in Amazon stock each, according to TMZ Sports.
What We Know:
- Wilson recently signed a four-year, $140 million contract extension that included a $65 million signing bonus with the Seattle Seahawks.
- Wilson’s $65 million signing bonus surpasses the record of $57.5 million set last year by Green Bay Packers quarterback, Aaron Rodgers.
- Thanks to this contract extension, he is currently the highest-paid player in the NFL according to ESPN.
- The total amount of Amazon stock Wilson purchased is equal to $156,000.
- He wrote a letter to all 13 of his linemen that thanked and praised them for their hard work in protecting him on the field. In the letter, Wilson explained his reasoning for selecting the gift of Amazon stock instead of a flashy present. He selected stock in Amazon because he believes it will have a lasting impact for the players and their families. “You have invested in my life … this is my investment into yours,” said Wilson.
Wilson expressed his gratitude to his teammates with a gift that will continue to give. Not only is Wilson being generous, but he is also encouraging his teammates to think of life after football. He is promoting wealth and hopefully, his teammates see the big picture. We could all use a co-worker like Wilson.