7-year-old Mariasa Thomas died on Monday, April 22, ten days after she was shot in the head during a drive-by shooting.
- Thomas was in her foster home sitting on a couch when she was shot in the head on April 12; there were also three bullet holes in the front door and four in the two windows of the DeKalb County home.
- Thomas was taken to a hospital in Georgia where she was unresponsive and died 10 days later.
- Police do not have any suspects and the DeKalb County Police Department said they do not believe Thomas’s house was targeted.
- Thomas’s aunt has set up a GoFundMe page to raise money for Thomas’s funeral and housing for her siblings. The page has raised $2,445 of its $6,000 goal as of Wednesday, April 24.
- A vigil was held outside the home where Thomas was shot on Tuesday, April 23.
Police are offering a $5,000 reward for any information that leads to an arrest and conviction.