US President Trump gave his congratulations to second pick Nick Bosa instead of Heisman Trophy winner Kyler Murray.
What We Know:
- Murray, a former University of Oklahoma player, was recently drafted into the Arizona Cardinals with a reported $35 million dollar contract according to “TIME Magazine.”
- Murray – a black man – did not receive praise from President Trump. Bosa – a white man – did instead.
- The tweet reads: “Congratulations to Nick Bosa on being picked number two in the NFL Draft…You will be a great player for years to come, maybe one of the best. Big Talent! San Francisco will embrace you but most importantly, always stay true to yourself. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!”
- These strings of events are even more interesting due to racially charged tweets that Bosa has released in the past.
- Some of these tweets (that have since been deleted) include him stating “Black Panther as the ‘worst Marvel movie’; describing Beyonce’s music as ‘trash,’ and calling former 49ers player Colin Kaepernick a ‘clown'” according to “TIME Magazine.”
- In the midst of these offensive tweets, Bosa has called Trump the “GOAT” and has shown support for the current President.
- Bosa has since apologized for these tweets, but what is posted on the Internet lives forever.
- This is sadly not a surprising move for President Trump, whose racist and prejudiced views can be seen in everything that he does.
- A prominent example is when President Trump spoke about the kneeling for the “National Anthem” on Twitter, stating that “As far as the NFL is concerned, I just find it hard to watch, and always will, until they stand for the FLAG!”
Hopefully Murray despite this public diss will still get the spotlight he has earned.