California Senator Kamala Harris is one of many that supports the motion for the House of Representatives to begin moving forward in the impeachment process of President Donald Trump.
What We Know:
- Sen. Harris is adamant that Trump needs to be removed from the office and that is one of her motivators for running for president.
- As one of the 2020 Presidential candidates, Sen. Harris sides with fellow candidate Sen. Elizabeth Warren on her call for the impeachment of Trump.
- Many others are in favor of the impeachment of the current President after the release of the Mueller Report. The report shares details regarding the investigation on Russian involvement during the 2016 Presidential Election. The report also provides evidence that the Trump administration was in obstruction of justice during this investigation.
- Even though Sen. Harris supports the impeachment process, she admits that she is still taking a realistic approach to it. She believes the Democrats in the House can impeach Trump. Unfortunately, she doesn’t think the Republicans will support it enough in the Senate to succeed in the removal of Trump from office.
- Sen. Harris believes the Republicans will focus more on protecting the President instead of paying attention to the facts revealed by the Mueller Report.
The Democrats are divided on whether or not they should impeach Trump. Among those in support of the impeachment are Former HUD Secretary Julian Castro and Florida Mayor Wayne Messam. Senator Bernie Sanders is among those who is hesitant about it.