Comedian Chris Rock is facing backlash after making an offensive joke about the late Whitney Houston.
What We Know:
- Chris Rock posted a meme on his Instagram account with a straight-faced Houston in sunglasses and the words, “Me sitting in a meeting that could’ve been an email:”
- Rock took the joke further adding the caption, “Hurry up I got crack to smoke.”
- Houston passed away in 2012 after drowning in a hotel bathtub. Cocaine use and heart disease were also listed as causes of death.
- Whitney Houston’s ex-husband of 15 years, Bobby Brown, responded with two replies under the post saying, “During this time of women empowerment you chose to use your time to try and humiliate our QUEEN!!!” and “I thought you was a friend of the family.”
- The comedian apparently realized his joke was in poor taste and deleted the post shortly after.
Turns out Whitney Houston’s drug addiction didn’t make for the best comedic material.