Karone Robinson has filed a lawsuit against the City of Darien and the police department for firing him for having an interracial relationship.
What We Know:
- Darien is a small town located an hour South of Savannah, GA.
- Robinson started out as a drug cop for the Darien Police Department and was quickly promoted to Drug Investigator. He garnered praise from the police department after successful drug bust.
- Robinson recently confessed to his coworkers about his secret relationship with a white, female coworker.
- In an interview with Channel 2, Robinson stated that his colleagues did not openly ask about his interracial relationship. They also did not state that that was the reason for the termination. But, he was fired soon after he made his announcement.
- After his termination, Robinson stated that he ignored the warning signs like the Nazi flag that hangs in the Darien Police Department. “I totally blocked the flag out. It had been there for so long.”
Further details on the lawsuit are pending but Robinson will be including details of the Nazi propaganda in the lawsuit.