Offset is facing a felony charge for allegedly damaging a fan’s phone.
What We Know:
- Inside a Target in Sandy Springs, GA, 18-year-old Junior Gibbons, pulled out his phone and began recording the rapper as he was exiting the store.
- Instead of getting the perfect video with the rapper, Gibbons claims he ended up with a cracked phone.
- In the video shown below, Offset appears to slap the phone out of the fan’s hand as the fan was attempting to record him.
- The felony charge is for criminal damage of property due to the phone costing $800, according to TMZ.
- This is not Offset’s first run in with the law as he is currently facing felony gun charges from a 2018 Georgia arrest.
Was the fan’s action an invasion of privacy?
BREAKING: Police have issued an arrest warrant for @OffsetYRN for criminal damage to property for this incident last Thursday. pic.twitter.com/PPQ28T3aG5
— Mike Petchenik (@MPetchenikWSB) May 2, 2019