Multi-talented superstar Janelle Monáe has joined the colorful cast of UglyDolls and will perform original songs for the film.
What We Know:
- UGLYDOLLS starring Janelle Monáe is a body-positive film that celebrates the beauty in being weird and different at the same time.
- In the film, Mandy is the character Monáe play, she is a central character who helps the UglyDolls as they embark on an adventure of love and self-acceptance.
- STXfilms said they created this story to encourage everyone to “let their freak flags fly in a celebration of life and all its possibilities.”
- Monáe joined the voice cast that includes, Kelly Clarkson, Nick Jonas, Pitbull, Wanda Sykes, Gabriel Iglesias and Blake Shelton.
- Chairman Adam Fogelson of STXFilms stated, “Janelle Monae is not only a unique performer and powerhouse talent, but she’s also used her platform to uplift others and promote inclusivity, with embodies the essential characteristics of the UglyDolls. We could not have asked for a better individual to help teach our UglyDolls how to love themselves for who they are.”
UGLYDOLLS is now playing in theaters.