A father angered over losing a video game hit his infant son in the head, leading to the child’s death on Sunday, April 28th, police say.
What We Know:
- Anthony Trice of Louisville was arrested on May 3, 2019, and accused of hitting and killing his 1-month-old son.
- Trice who is 26, was babysitting the infant alone on Friday at a home in the 1100 block of West Jefferson Street when he lost a video game and threw the controller, according to the arrest citation.
- According to authorities, Trice allegedly took his anger out on the infant and punched his son in the head with his fist, causing serious injury to the child. But he told detectives he picked up the child, taking him to the kitchen to prepare him a bottle and dropped the child while carrying him.
- Police said he then took the infant into a bedroom and propped him up in a seated position, he left the room to go to the bathroom, and when he returned he noticed the baby was in distress and called 911.
- The child was taken to North Children’s Hospital in serious condition and died on May 5.
Trice was originally charged Saturday with first-degree criminal abuse of a child, but after the baby died authorities charged him with murder. On Monday 7, 2019 A $1 million bond was set, cash only, and he was ordered to have no contact with his son’s family.