Ayesha Curry was a guest on Red Table Talk where she opened up about a lot of her insecurities.
What We Know:
- On the Monday episode of Red Table Talk, Curry admitted that she felt insecure because she did not receive any male attention. “I have zero – this sounds weird – but, like, male attention, and so then I begin to internalize it, and I’m like, ‘Is something wrong with me?'”
- On the opposite end, Curry is well aware of the many women that are “throwing themselves” at her husband Steph. She admits that she is getting used to the groupies but still hates it. She even recounts a time where a women opened their car door to see their baby and told Curry “oh, honey, you know what you signed up for.”
- Despite her being open and honest, she was met with a mix of support and criticism from many people on the various social media sites. Memes making fun of her comments are circulating while others are voicing their opinions. Comments like “tell a girl she beautiful a thousand times her dumb ass still need to hear it from the dope man” are common among the men.
- Many women sided with Curry posting supportive comments like “what y’all don’t realize is she put a conversation on the table that every woman is thinking but ashamed to say.”
- Curry posted her own response to the criticism on her Instagram. “If what I’m not afraid to say out loud about being a 30yr mama of 3 helps another woman like me feel like they’re not alone and not the only one with an insecurity (because we ALL have them, don’t play) then that makes all of this hoopla worth it.”
Curry urges that people go a watch the whole episode of Red Table Talk and not just read the headlines and stories about it to get a real understanding of what they discussed.