Police in Greenbelt, Maryland have been investigating their first murder of the year of 44-year-old Bettie Jenifer.
What We Know…
- Jenifer was gunned down on May 10 in a parking lot while leaving the employment agency she owned.
- It was revealed over the weekend that Jenifer was married to two men—Chris Attoh, a famous Ghanaian actor and Kedrick Jenifer, a convicted drug trafficker, according to NBC Washington.
- After Kedrick was sentenced to 20-years in 2016 for distributing cocaine in Baltimore and Virginia, Jenifer continued her life and married Attoh in October 2018. NBC reported that Kedrick filed for divorce on April 9 and Jenifer also filed six days later. The two had previously shared a home in Bowie, Maryland.
- Attoh was in California filming a movie when he heard about the shooting. The actor’s management told FOX 5 that Attoh “is grieving and has no comment at this stage.”
- Greenbelt police confirmed on Sunday that the shooting was targeted and not a random incident.
- George Mathews, the police department spokesman, said “It was very brazen — it happened in broad daylight in front of multiple witnesses. And that’s very concerning, but we do not believe this was a random act.”
Officers have not arrested anyone, but according to WJLA, the suspect is described as a black male with a thin build and black hair who was wearing a dark shirt and dark pants.