“Old Town Road” rapper, Lil Nas X has managed to hold on to his No. 1 spot on the billboard hot 100 for the fifth consecutive week.
What We Know:
- The remix of the song “Old Town Road,” featuring Billy Ray Cyrus brought in an impressive 104 million streams over the past week, only a 9 percent drop from the week prior.
- Billboard said, Taylor Swift’s new song, “ME!” featuring Brendon Urie, previously charted at No. 98 on the Hot 100 during its first week based on just three days of airplay.
- “Old Town Road is also breaking a record by becoming the first song in history to earn over 100 million U.S streams across four different weeks. It’s still currently on track to become one of the most dominant No. 1 songs of all time, with four of the six biggest streaming weeks ever,” Chart Data stated.
- Swift’s music video received more Youtube and Vevo views in its first 24 hours than any other video printed by a female artist, and it was the fastest video ever to reach 100 million views in the period of 79 hours. The songs also the weeks biggest seller with 193,000 downloads, whites the bestseller total since Swift’s “Look what you made me do.”
- On the digital song sales chart, Lil Nas X hit song finally dropped to the No. 2 spot, losing out to the new Swift single. However, he’s still comfortably sat at No. 1 on the streaming songs chart.
I can’t lie, Old Town Road is my jam!