Paramount Players has inked a first look deal with Daniel Kaluuya’s production company, 59%
What We Know:
- Oscar- nominated Daniel Kaluuya is known for his impressive performances in major motion pictures, including Get Out and Black Panther, but is now taking things to the next level though his production company.
- Kaluuya has been nominated for an Academy Award, a Golden Globe Award, a SAG Award and a BAFTA Award while winning a variety of awards in the industry.
- Kaluuya said, “Over the years, I’ve been blessed to make work that speaks to audiences I identify with whilst pushing the envelope on what’s possible. 59% will be the home to continue that in a producorial capacity, to bridge the gap between the next wave of storytellers and studios. I’m excited that in Paramount Players, I have found a partner that shares the same drive and belief to make cinema that is honest, reflective, inclusive and authored.”
- Paramount Players’ Executive VP of Development, Ail Bell and Matt Dines said, “Daniel Kaluuya has always made fearless and bold choices as an actor- pushing the conversation and redefining contemporary culture. Knowing he has the same passion and integrity as a producer made him an obvious fit to partner with Paramount Players.”
- Kaluuya is set to star in “Queen & Slim” alongside Jodi Turner-Smith and also as Fred Hampton in the upcoming Ryan Coogler produced “Jesus Was My Homeboy.”
Congratulations Kaluuya!! What an amazing actor and talent!