On May 6 Police arrested 25-year-old Cadesha Bishop who allegedly pushed 74-year old Serge Fournier off a parked bus in Las Vegas.
What We Know:
- Police released a muted surveillance video on Tuesday showing a woman pushing Fournier off the bus, causing him to hit his head on the sidewalk about 8 feet from the door of the parked bus, according to the Review Journal
- Witnesses told detectives that Bishop was yelling profanities late afternoon on March 21 prior to the incident. When Fournier was exiting the bus, he told her “to be nicer to the passengers.”
- Bishop walked away from the scene with her son without offering any help.
- According to police, Fournier refused medical treatment at the scene.
- Fournier was transported to a hospital to be treated for the injuries he suffered but died over a month later on April 23. His death was ruled a homicide by the Clark County Coroner-Medical Examiner and died as a result of complications from blunt force injuries to his torso.
Bishop was released on bail on Wednesday from the Clark County Detention Center after being held on a $100,000 bond and charged for murdering an elderly person. According to the New York Post, Bishop was placed on high-level electronic monitoring and her preliminary hearing is scheduled for May 23.