On May 9th, Kanye and Kim Kardashian-West welcomed their fourth child.
What We Know:
- Kanye and Kim recently had their fourth baby. They decided to name the baby boy Psalm West. Psalm weighed 6lbs and 9oz.
- Kim states that “he is the most calm and chill of all my babies so far.” Psalm joins his sister North (5), brother Saint (3), and sister Chicago (16 months).
- Kim shared a the baby’s first photo on social media and introduced his name on May 17th. The post was a screenshot of a text message between her and Kanye. Kanye sent Kim a picture of Psalm in his white crib with the message “Beautiful Mother’s Day. With the arrival of our fourth child. We are blessed beyond measure. We have everything we need.”
- Psalm is Hebrew and means song or sacred poem.
- On Jimmy Kimmel Live!, Kim explained the naming process for her children. “I definitely take a family survey. But its usually after the baby’s born or we’re trying to figure out what the baby looks like. I usually go three or four days nameliess until I feel that it really connects.” Kim went through a few options before deciding on Psalm. Saint suggest that they name him Sainty Two. She considered Rob, like her brother, but decided that wouldn’t flow well with the other kids’ names. She has Armenian ancestry from her father Robert Kardashian but couldn’t find any Armenian boy names she liked. Psalm is
Kim and Kanye’s second child to be born via surrogate. Baby Chicago was also born via surrogate.