A transgender Dallas woman who was brutally beaten on April 12 was found fatally shot just before 7 a.m Saturday, police said.
What We Know:
- Muhlaysia Booker, 23, was found lying face down in the street in the 7200 blocks of Valley Glen Drive. She was pronounced dead at the scene, according to the Dallas Police Department.
- On April 14, Booker was assaulted after being involved in a minor traffic accident at the Royal Crest Apartments, at 3558 Wilhurt Avenue in Dallas Texas. The attack was captured on video.
- Police said The assault was flagged as a hate crime caused by Edward Dominic Thomas, 29. Thomas was arrested and charge on aggravated assault with a deadly weapon on April 16. No other arrests have been made.
- Assistant Chief Moore told Dallas Morning News that police didn’t have enough information to say if Booker’s death was motivated by hate or retaliation.
- Below is footage from CBSDFW that shows the attack that was posted to Facebook, Booker is wearing a pink wig and blue tank top.