Model and reality TV star, Jordyn Woods, will be making her acting debut on Freeform’s show, Grown-ish.
What We Know:
- The Grown-ish Twitter account revealed the news by posting a photo of the 21-year-old on set with the caption, “the news is out.
@jordynwoods is making her acting debut on #grownish this season.” Woods shared the news to her 9.9 million followers by posting the same photo with an inspiring caption about taking risks and staying consistent in life.
- Woods is supposed to appear later in the season and will portray a freshman named Dee, a “sweet soul with a soft-spoken and sincere vulnerability,” according to People. Her character is reported to share a few scenes with Trevor Jackson, who plays Aaron.
- In March, she made an appearance on Jada Pinkett Smith’s Facebook Watch show, Red Table Talk, to discuss her involvement in the scandal with Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson. During this time, Woods garnered a lot of support from the black community on social media. She even launched a new collection for her athleisure line, SECNDNTURE.
- Some Twitter users have made their support for Woods known and a few are hoping for her to become a series regular.
- Season 2 of Grown-ish premieres June 5 at 8 p.m. and Woods will make her debut on July 24.
Perhaps this will lead to her landing more acting roles in the future.
the way the black community has swooped in for jordyn woods with open arms is profound. thats the only word for it. she is booked and she is busy and looking amazing.
— chaos. (@erikkaisbomb) May 29, 2019
View this post on Instagram
I’ve been waiting to share this with you guys but I am SO excited to guest star on this season of #grownish 🥰 it returns June 5th on @freeform ✨ This was the first role I’ve ever booked and I was nervous at first but I got past that and had the best time🙏🏽 take risks and stay consistent to your journey, you never know what the world has to offer✨