Senator Kamala Harris was speaking at a MoveOn event in San Francisco when a man stormed the stage and took the microphone from her hands.
What We Know:
- Harris was about to discuss her ideas on the gender pay gap when Aidan Cook interrupted her.
- It took several seconds for security to respond to the situation. Harris’ husband, Douglas Emhoff, joined security in their effort to retrieve the mic from the man, but they were unsuccessful.
- Cook told CBS that Harris should have been discussing animal agriculture and climate change. The mic grab was his way of voicing his concerns.
- Cook has disrupted several political events in the past. He was removed from a Bernie Sanders event three years ago for a similar outburst.
- After the man was escorted off the stage, Harris returned to the discussion.
Kamala Harris didn’t seem too shaken up by the ordeal; but, this is no way to get your point across.