Meshach Cisero exposed racist Airbnb host on Twitter who called him and his friends “Monkeys”.
What We Know:
- In the video on June 1, Cisero posted a video of Airbnb host Kate calling him and his friends monkeys and demanded them to leave the property.
- Cisero, sitting on the floor, was speaking calmly as Kate accused them of having a party and telling them that their dog wasn’t supposed to be on the property.
- Kate racially profiled them and referred to the gentlemen as criminals.
- Cisero posted on Twitter, “This evening we, unfortunately, had the unpleasant encounter of experiencing a racist Airbnb host. She put us out at 2:30 am in the morning, only after calling us racial slurs such as monkeys and criminals.”
- Airbnb noticed the complaint and responded to Cisero’s twitter and said, “Airbnb does not condone discrimination in any way. You can view our Anti-Discriminatory Policy. We’d like to follow up on this, could you please send us a DM providing additional information? Thank you”
My only take on this issue would be look up who you are renting an Airbnb from. Search reviews, but also be careful because that situation could have been much worse.
This evening we unfortunately had the unpleasant encounter of experiencing a racist @airbnb host. She put us out at 2:30am in the morning, only after calling us racial slurs such as monkeys and criminals. pic.twitter.com/L4D3s1kXO9
— Meshach Cisero (@mcisero24) June 1, 2019