Actor Tyler Perry lost the bid at Tina Knowles-Lawson and Richard Lawson’s annual “Wearable Gala” Saturday.
What We Know:
- Held at the WACO Theater in Los Angeles, the “Lion King”-themed event had numerous famous attendees, including Knowles-Lawson’s daughter Beyoncé and her husband JAY-Z.
- The original portrait was made by artist Tiffany Anderson using “acrylic, mica flakes, crystal, broken glass and resin on a wood panel.” Bidding started at $10,000 for the work of art.
- Perry, being honored with the night’s “Trailblazer Award”,
was fighting for the portrait with the “Everyday People” honoree Felicia Horowitz.
- Horowitz is a Compton native working to make a difference in the lives of marginalized people in her community.
- Eventually, after putting in his own $55,000 bid, Perry lost the portrait to Horowitz with her bid of $100,000.
Hopefully, Perry has better luck next year!