What We Know…
- 35-year-old Williams is ranked number 80 on the list with a net worth of $225 million.
- Williams has made her wealth through her monumental tennis career and investment banking business. Williams has won twice as much money as any other female athlete through her tennis career.
- Williams also built a career in investment banking; she invested in 34 startups in the past five years through her company “Serena Ventures,” which focuses on woman-founded and minority-founded companies. Williams also founded a clothing line in 2018 and owns states in the Miami Dolphins and UFC.
- Williams has also been included in Forbes’ Power Women 2018 list, The World’s Highest-Paid Athletes 2017 list and Celebrity 100 2014 list.
- The list includes 80 women ranging from ages 21 to 92 with a combined worth of $81.3 billion. It is the fifth annual list of its kind, and the minimum net worth to make the list this year is $225 million.
- The highest ranking woman on the list is Cofounder and Chairman of ABC Supply Diane Hendricks, who has a net worth of $7 billion.
- Last year, Kylie Jenner’s inclusion in a similar list as a “self-made billionaire” sparked controversy as many felt her wealth cannot be described as self-made. Jenner is included in this 2019 list at ranking 23 with a net worth of $1 billion. She is also the youngest woman on the list.
Williams continues to dominate in diverse business and athletic endeavors, creating inspiration for female athletes around the world.