After dropping hints, Beyonce launched a new line of “beyhive” merchandise on June 11th.
What We Know:
- Being Beyonce’s third attempt at designing clothes, her new line of “beehive” merchandise is not as impressive as fans expected. The clothing line consists of t-shirts, bodysuits, socks, bags, biker shorts, and tank tops. The clothing has a simple design which consists of the “beehive” written in either small or large print somewhere on it.
- The line does have some unique pieces. One piece, that doesn’t really go with the rest of the line, is an Indian theme. It consists of “beehive” being written in Devangari script. So far, the most popular, or best, item in the line is a set of bananas that are going for $30.
- This merchandise is specifically for the members of Beyonce’s fan club. Some members of the beyhive even received bandannas or t-shirts prior to the release. Beyonce also released videos of models wearing the merchandise not the Twitter acount @ShopBeyonce.
- Beyonce’s previous two clothing lines were House of Dereon and Ivy Park. House of Dereon was started with her mother Tina Knowles in 2004. Many considered the clothing to be too busy and over the top. House of Dereon ended in 2012.
- Ivy Park was an athleisure clothing line started in 2016 with Topshop, a UK-based streetwear company. This didn’t grab much attention but will be relaunched in the near future with Adidas.
After the hype of Beyonce’s Nefertiti inspired “Homecoming” merchandise, fans expected more from Beyonce.