The Jamaican born rapper Bushwick Bill of the Geto Boys has died at he age of 52.
What We know:
- “Bill passed away peacefully yesterday evening at 9:35pm. He was surrounded by his immediate family following his publicist Dawn P”, RollingStone said.
- He was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer in February and only told his close relatives. Bill wanted to keep his diagnosis to himself up until last month when he told TMZ about his illness.
- “I have been keeping it to myself, I have only told close family members and that’s about it. But I figure keeping it to myself is not helping anybody, It’s not like I am afraid of dying because I’ve already died and came back in June 19, 1991, so I know what it is like on the other side,” Bill said.
- Bill references his second coming to life as the time he was shot in the eye while tussling a gun held by his girlfriend.
- Dawn P. wrote a statement about Bill passing on Instagram and it states,
- “The rapper struggled with drugs and alcohol and faced possible deportation after a 2010 arrest in Atlanta,” CNN said.
His legacy will be remembered, R.I.P Bushwick Bill.