A new television series, “Á LA CARTE,” will focus on dating culture for people of color. The show has not been officially released yet, but it is already creating some buzz.
What We Know:
- According to the series’ website, Á LA CARTE “is an original scripted dramedy [drama + comedy] about the misadventures of the black millennial dating experience and one girl’s journey to the last place she ever thought she would end up… on the side.”
- The show will discuss topics affecting the modern dating world like colorism, interracial and transactional relationships.
- The show’s creator, Breanna Hogan, based the storyline off of her own dating experiences.
- Hogan said in an interview, “I wrote the series with the hopes that girls and women alike would learn from my mistakes and make better decisions.”
- Amanda Frezar stars as the protagonist, Mahogany Rose. Other cast members include Kendall Kyndall, Adriyan Rae, La’Myia Good, Ariel Brown and Chauncey Jenkins.
Follow the show on Instagram or visit their website for more details on the official release.