A shooting has occurred at the Toronto Raptors celebration.
What We Know:
- The celebration occurred near City Hall and Nathan Phillips Square and had huge crowds in honor of the historic Raptors win.
- The shooting is said to have occurred at Bay St and Albert St resulting in two seriously injured victims and two people in custody.
- Injuries are stated to be serious but not life-threatening.
- Two firearms have been recovered but no further details have been released as the investigation continues.
- Despite the shooting, the celebration continued and included buses carrying the team into the rally, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, and Mayor John Tory even presented the Key to the City to the team.
- Mayor Tory also announced part of a road outside the Scotiabank Arena will ceremonially be dedicated as ‘Raptors Way.’
we’re glad this situation completely destroy the city’s celebration and resulted in no casualties. We’ll continue to follow this story as updates are released.