Celebrating the honorees at the MTV Movie and TV Awards night, The Rock, Jada Pinkett-Smith and Prinicess Love took the show to the next level.
What We Know:
- Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson took his speech beyond center stage as he told the audience to be themselves, that its better to be different and unique, and don’t let anyone change who you originally are. The rock summed up his speech by saying, “I wasn’t gonna conform to Hollywood, Hollywood was gonna conform to me.”
- Jada Pinkett-Smith accepted the Trailblazer Award for her philanthropic work and her Red Table Talk Facebook series. Smith has been the talk of the town when it comes to her Red Table Talk show. For instance, her recent discussion with Ayesha Curry on her “not receiving enough attention” was seen worldwide.
- Smith shared her thought process on how she came to accept her own worthiness, she said, “ I feel as though I don’t deserve this award quite yet.” She went to add, “we often applaud the trails people blaze and we forgot to applaud the trails that were blazed in the hidden grooves of the mind that are filled with uncertainty, thoughts, beliefs and pain.”
- Ray J’s wife, Princess Love, flipped off the camera after host, Zachary Levi, made a salty joke about Ray J and Kim Kardashian’s infamous sex tape.
- In 2007, Ray J and Kim Kardashian made headlines after their sex tape was leaked, and since then, Ray J has been picked on about the incident. He said, “Let me make this one thing clear, I’m in a great place in my life, I’m happy and I love my wife Princess.”
There were so many highlights during the MTV awards, but these three took the cake.