Rap queen Nicki Minaj announced Friday on her show “Queen Radio” that her and her controversial boyfriend Kenneth Petty plan to tie the knot.
What We Know:
- Minaj stated during the show “We did get our marriage license…I think I have what I was striving for, just happiness…It was so hard to get to a happy place. Now that I’m there I don’t want to compromise that for anyone of anything.”
- There are even rumors of her being pregnant, with her denying alcohol while on the show and requesting only juice or soda.
- Even though they have been dating for six months, Minaj and Petty have known each other since she was growing up in Queens. However, this does not take away from Petty’s controversial past.
- He served jail time two separate occasions in 1995 (for four years) and 2006 (for seven years and released on parole May 2013), for attempted first-degree rape and first-degree manslaughter. The rape case occurred when he and the victim were only teens.
- Minaj has defended her man regardless of what his past and her fans have to say. In December, Minaj released a statement on Instagram saying “He was 15, she was 16…in a relationship. But go awf, Internet. Y’all can’t run my life. Y’all can’t even run y’all own life. Thank you boo.”
Hoping that everything works out for the best.