Antonio Williams, who was a U.S. Postal Service carrier for 17 years, was murdered Saturday in Shreveport by Michael Gentry.
What We Know:
- Williams was shot shortly after 11 a.m. on Saturday as he approached a home on Dudley Drive, according to Shreveport Police.
- According to the police statement, officers arrived on the scene to find him “suffering from at least one gunshot wound to the upper body”.
- He was taken away and eventually passed away at Ochsners LSU Health Hospital. Shortly after, police obtained an arrest warrant charging Gentry with one count of second-degree murder. He is currently being held on $250,000 bond.
- The police statement also says that “investigators believe Gentry shot Williams as he was delivering mail to the residence…At this point investigators do not believe there was any type of dispute between the men prior to the shooting.”
- A vigil honoring Williams was held Sunday. He was seen as a friend and a kind person to numerous people in the community.
Praying that his family finds peace during this time.