The cause of death of Toni Braxton’s niece has been revealed nearly two months after her passing.
What We Know:
- An autopsy completed by the medical examiner’s office in Maryland shows Lauren died of a heroin overdose and fentanyl intoxication, E! News reported. The manner has not been determined. Lauren was the daughter of Michael Conrad Braxton Jr., Toni’s younger brother.
- The 24-year-old was found laying on the kitchen floor by a witness who had just been talking to her nearly 10 minutes earlier. The witness cited in the report called 911. EMS and the fire department responded but, despite their efforts, she was pronounced dead at 12:44 p.m. on April 29.
- Michael is a Maryland based singer-songwriter and is the only son among the Braxton siblings. He and Toni are the elder siblings to sisters Traci, Towanda, Trina and Tamar.
- Toni commented on the death of her niece by sharing a picture of the two of them on Instagram. “R.I.P to my amazing niece Lauren ‘Lo Lo’ Braxton…I’m still in disbelief and so very heartbroken 😥💔 Love you…always auntie ‘Te Te’,” Toni wrote in an Instagram caption.
- Trina also went to Instagram to pay her respects by sharing a photo of her niece. The youngest of the Braxton siblings, Tamar, received backlash for not attending the funeral. “I’ve been M.I.A. because I just cannot bring myself to post about my niece. Like, I just can’t do it,” she told her followers.
If you or someone you know is in need of help, please contact the SAMHSA substance abuse helpline at 1-800-662-HELP.