BET Networks and Tyler Perry Studios will launch BET Plus serving the african American audience in the fall.
What We Know:
- On June 23, Tyler Perry announced his partnership with Viacom to create a subscription streaming service that targets the african American audience.
- “BET Plus will make its debut in the fall with a handful of original series and productions and a deep library offering that will be enhanced by other properties in Viacom’s portfolio,” Variety said.
- BET Plus is a free service to anyone who loves to stream movies and television shows.
- Viacom said BET Plus would feature more than 1,000 hours of content at launch.
- Not to mention Tyler Perry’s “Madea” character will also be home to the new streaming site.
Watch out for BET +, coming out in the fall.
You are now entering something new. Introducing #BETPlus: our new subscription service giving you EXCLUSIVE content from the icon @TylerPerry, and his back catalogue. You'll love it! pic.twitter.com/mOS8Gpu4DK
— BET+ (@betplus) June 24, 2019