Chris Brown’s new double album “Indigo” reached number one on Apple Music days before the album fully dropped on Friday, June 28.
What We Know:
- Brown released teaser singles earlier this month including a collaboration with Justin Beiber. The single from the album “No Guidance” featuring Drake has reached number two on Apple Music’s US top 100. “Heat” featuring Gunna from the album has also made the top 100.
- The album is a double album with 32-tracks featuring rap superstars like Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj and Tyga. It will be Brown’s ninth studio album and his first since October 2017. Brown isn’t the first to produce such a huge album; Drake’s 2018 double album “Scorpion,” featured 25 tracks and Migos’s 2018 “Culture II” featured 24 tracks.
- Brown released the album Friday, June 28 as well as tour dates for the “Indigoat” tour, which will begin August 20 in Portland, Oregon. The album has already been met with intense fan support in its first day with the #indigoseason.
INDIGO IS OUT NOW! What's some of your favorite songs?! https://t.co/p17gsHHrnz
— Chris Brown (@chrisbrown) June 28, 2019
- Indigo’s drop comes as Brown settled a legal battle with his former manager, Mike Guirguis, who claimed Brown locked him in a small room and beat him up. He also sued Brown for failing to pay commissions owed.
- The settlement will drop all claims against both Brown and Guirguis, as the years-long legal battle has lead to accusations against both parties. The court documents remain private and the court has jurisdiction to enforce the settlement.
Brown’s controversial personal life hasn’t seemed to dampen his success with this new album drop.