Chick-fil-A did it again.
What We Know:
- The ranking is based on the American Customer Satisfaction Index for limited-service restaurant chains. According to Forbes, the rating was based on the opinions of thousands of customers.
- The customers were asked to consider: cleanliness, accuracy and variety among other things.
- The chain scored an 86 on the 100 point scale, a one-point drop from last year.
- Panera with a score of 83, Arby’s, Chipotle, Papa John’s and Pizza Hut, 81, trailed close behind.
- It appears the company’s controversial donations to anti-LGBTQ organizations have had no effect on their profits or customer satisfaction.
The people have spoken.