Big Brother 21 star Jack Matthews is facing backlash for his recent comments towards fellow houseguest Kemi Faknule and others throughout the season. The comments have caused viewers to start a petition and prompted CBS to take action.
What We Know:
- Matthews has made several comments and remarks towards other house guests that resulted in a petition calling for Jack to be expelled for “numerous racist things” he has said and because he “has been very aggressive towards the only black woman in the Big Brother house.” The petition has generated over 1,300 out of 1,500 signatures.
- More recently Matthews has been targeting Faknule, allegedly since before the show’s 24/7 live feeds began. However, it’s still unclear where his hostility stems from. This has led viewers to speculate why. One of which has to do with Kemi rejecting him before live feeds began.
- Matthews has referred Jessica Milagros, the Latina plus-sized model as “Consuela” and has said, “I flirt with her just to make her feel good about herself.” He also made a comment toward Faknule that was thought to be bizarre like saying her decision to eat an avocado sandwich after working out is “the dumbest f***ing thing.” Matthews also referred to both Milagros and Faknule as “maggots” and wanted to get rid of Kemi because she’s “toxic.”
- According to a feed watcher, Jack told house guest Tommy Bracco, “They’re taking it out of context. I just need to be careful what I say… They (live feeders) saw it. It was production.”
- Feed watchers also have made note that the production’s disclaimers on the live feeds—which says “the Houseguests may reveal prejudices and other beliefs that CBS does not condone”—is appearing more frequently.
CBS has not made an official comment in regards to Matthews’s behavior, but the show’s casting director Robyn Kass did take to Twitter to respond to a tweet that said she would stop watching because Matthews “literally makes me sick.” His response being, “that would be a wise choice.”