Terrence Sample was denied bail for the two counts of murder and one count of kidnapping of Makayla Winston.
What We Know:
- For the bail, a special appointed judge had to be called in because two justice court judges in the county knew Sample’s mother, who works as a judge in neighboring Attala County.
- Last seen last Thursday night, Winston was found Monday on a deserted road on State Park Road in the county a few days after her family first reported her missing.
- Mississippi is one of 38 states with a fetal homicide law, allowing murder charges to be levied against suspects for the death of an unborn child. Winston was nine months pregnant when found on Monday.
- Sample has denied having any connection with Winston.
- Holmes County Sheriff Willie March told reporters on Tuesday that he expects that a charge of capital murder will be added against Sample.
Justice needs to be served.