Stranger Things star Caleb McLaughlin, 17, revealed he will be starting online college courses in the fall.
What We Know:
- Home-schooled since he was in fifth grade, this is a needed change for McLaughlin.
- “I was home-schooled before I got into Stranger Things,” he said. “I remember when I was in the fifth grade — I was like, ‘I want out of this. I want to do home-schooling. I want to learn on my own leisure.’ I just finished high school, I graduated. So I’m done, but I’m going to college this fall. Just take some courses, online courses. Going to do the home-schooling thing again.”
- After years in the spotlight, this is a step towards normalcy for the star.
- “Being a celebrity, you know, it has its twists and turns,” he said. “Not everything is good. Some things are great. I think most of the things are great, but of course, the pressure and just being out there all the time — I’m just glad I have my parents to keep me grounded and be by my side when I’m stressed.”
- With Stranger Things launching their third season last Thursday, McLaughlin’s Hollywood presence is only getting bigger.
Wishing him nothing but the best in school!