Draper Police Lt. Pat Evans reported that police arrived at Draper Park in Utah after bystanders spotted Jesica Brown, the mother, and her son in the car on July 2 at around 9 a.m.
What We Know:
- The police found him in an off vehicle with the windows up in 82-degree heat. Brown told police that she put her son in the car as punishment for misbehaving, Evans reported.
- CNN affiliate KUTV reported, “a probable cause affidavit says an officer on the scene found the child’s head was hot to the touch, he was sweating and his eyes were puffy.”
- Brown and her boyfriend (who was not charged) were outside the car while this was happening.
- After the police removed the child from the car, they also found needles that corresponded with heroin use. Brown later admitted to using meth and heroin.
- She was charged with child endangerment and child abuse for not only leaving her child in the car but giving him access to drug paraphernalia.
Praying that the child is now safe.