Grown-ish has added American singer and actress Ryan Destiny for Season 3.
What We Know:
- Season 3 of Freeform’s Black-ish spin-off, Grown-ish, has booked Ryan Destiny as the show showed signs of cancellation back in May.
- On July 8 the @grownish Twitter account shared the announcement of Destiny joining the recurring cast members on the show.
she plays jillian, a transfer student from an HBCU who has come to study filmmaking at Cal U. pic.twitter.com/SaUZ0xnqgn
— grown-ish (@grownish) July 8, 2019
- Destiny previously played the role of Alexandra Crane on Star. Star’s creator Lee Daniels revealed that the canceled Fox series will return as a movie of the week.
- According to Deadline, Destiny will continue her penchant for playing extremely likable characters with Jillian, a budding filmmaker who transfers to Cal U from an HBCU.
- Destiny said, “I am super excited. Love this show! Hopefully, I fit in ok!”
Catch the new episodes of Grown-ish, Wednesday on Freeform at 8/7pm CT.