Mass. Representative Ayanna Pressley had some words with White House counselor Kellyanne Conway.
What We Know:
- This all started after Conway began to poke fun at the tension between Pressley’s fellow Democrats and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.
- Pelosi has been fighting with Pressley and fellow Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (N.Y.), Rashida Tlaib (Mich.) and Ilhan Omar (Minn.). They all recently voted against an immigration bill that gives billions of dollars to Border Patrol and Immigration and Customs Enforcement, who have been facing controversy for the horrific conditions at migrant detention centers.
- Conway proceeded to call this major issue a “major meow mashup” in a Tweet from Tuesday:
— Kellyanne Conway (@KellyannePolls) July 9, 2019
.@KellyannePolls oh hi Distraction Becky. Remember that time your boss tore babies from their mothers’ arms and threw them in cages? Yeah take a seat and keep my name out of your lying mouth. https://t.co/dS8saIssX8
— Ayanna Pressley (@AyannaPressley) July 9, 2019
- Pressley had her own response, calling Conway “Distraction Becky” (which is hilarious) and gave her a quick reminder of some of her past actions.
- In the tweet, Conway linked to a New York Times interview, Pelosi states that the four Democrats “…have their public whatever and their Twitter world. But they didn’t have any following. They’re four people and that’s how many votes they got.”
This is only going to get uglier.