Former Vice President Joe Biden’s tax returns reveal he is among the top earners vying for the Democratic nomination.
What We Know:
- Biden’s tax returns reveal he and his wife, Jill Biden, have earned over $15 million since he left office in 2016.
- The documents show the Biden’s reported an adjusted gross income of $11 million in 2017 followed by $4.6 million last year.
- Their earnings have primarily come from Joe Biden’s successful book, “Promise Me, Dad,” and delivering paid speeches. He earned over $2 million from speaking engagements alone.
- NPR reported Biden paid $1,528,208 in taxes in 2018 and donated $275,796 to charity.
- Biden’s earnings are much higher than the other nominees. Kamala Harris trails behind with $1.8 million in earnings for 2018. Elizabeth Warren reported $846,394 and Bernie Sanders earned $561,293 in 2018.
Looks like Joe Biden has done well since leaving office.