Police are looking for people who took advantage of a crazy accident.
What We Know:
- The doors of a GardaWorld armored truck accidentally opened on Interstate 285, outside of Atlanta, Georgia, leaving the highway covered in cash.
- Videos posted on social media show drivers pulled over on the side of the highway, scrambling to collect money.
- According to Dunwoody Police, approximately $175,000 was dumped on the interstate and only about $200 was collected when they arrived on the scene.
- Police are looking for the drivers who were pulled over and took advantage of the incident. The videos that hit social media of the incident are rumored to be in use to help identify some of the drivers.
- Several honest citizens have already turned in the cash they collected. At the time of this article approximately $4,500 of the missing money has been turned in by 8 citizens. A fraction of the more than 50 drivers believed to have collected.
- Dunwoody Police are extending grace and do not plan to press charges on anyone who took some of the money. They are open to accepting the funds 24/7.
Would you turn in the money if you happened to get some?