Hollywood superstars Will and Jada Pinkett Smith are launching a new company to produce old and new content from the Smiths.
What We Know:
- This new content is set to include movies, television shows, and more productions by Westbrook Media and Overbrook Entertainment.
- “We are so excited to announce this new venture and fully immerse ourselves in all areas of the media and entertainment space,” the Smiths said in a statement to Variety.
- “With our incredible team of family, chosen family, and longtime business partners, Westbrook Inc.’s mission is to spread positive ideas, art, and products that entertain and empower the greatest number of lives, inspiring the next generation of artists to do good in the world” they stated.
- Will Smith has been on top of the Hollywood industry for decades with his music and his triumphant acting debut in Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. He has nominated for two Oscars for his roles in Ali and The Pursuit of Happiness, showing that he is more than just “the funny guy” in classic movies.
- Recently, however, he starred as the Genie in Aladdin and will star in the new Ang Lee directed-action movie Gemini Man debuting in October.
- His wife, Jada Pinkett Smith, is known for 90’s classics like Set it Off and the more recent hit comedy Girls Trip.
- She most recently won a “MTV Trailblazer” Award this year and was the 2010 recipient of the NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Actress in a Drama Series for her role in Hawthorne. It was recently announced that Girls Trip will be getting a sequel.
- Westbrook Inc. is currently the production company of Jada’s hit Facebook Watch show Red Table Talk. The talk show recently won a “Best New Media” Award from the African American Film Critics Association and stars herself, her daughter Willow, and her mother Adrienne Banfield-Jones.
Cannot wait to see the new projects they create!