Russell Westbrook has been traded to the Houston Rockets in exchange for Chris Paul.
What We Know:
- Houston has traded two-first found draft picks and pick swaps in 2021 and 2025 in exchange for Westbrook, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.
- Westbrook will now be reunited with his former Thunder teammate, James Harden. Westbrook and Harden played from 2009 until 2012 when Harden was traded to the Rockets.
- “The Rockets owner Tilman Feritta spoke of the blockbuster trade, thanking Paul for his two years in Houston”, CBSsports said.
The Oklahoma City Thunder have agreed to trade Russell Westbrook to the Houston Rockets for Chris Paul, first-round picks in 2024 and 2026, pick swaps in 2021 and 2025, league sources tell ESPN.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) July 12, 2019
- Despite the Rockets’ regular season and Houston coming up short in the 2017-18 NBA Finals, the Rockets will now contend to a title with Harden and now Westbrook.
- According to CBSsports, “Paul commented on how much he enjoyed playing in Oklahoma City when he returned to play as a member of the Los Angeles Clippers in 2014.”
The Athletic reports that the team plans to compete with Paul’s Thunder squad.